Welcome to our website !

The Wise Elders

By 9:13 PM ,

Just when I thought I had gotten bored to death with my itouch and technology in general, I discovered that listening to certain Podcasts was not only educational but I didn't hate it! I liked it as a matter of fact. I thought I would hate it since it's weird listening to someone speak to you and everyone looking at you on the train if you let out a laugh to yourself, they'll think you're crazy. Well at least that's what I think of people laughing to themselves until I see the device they're carrying. If you'd like to know, some of the podcasts I've subscribed to are: Waking Up from the American Dream by Kelly Carlin and Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips.

Well enough about technology talk. I decided to post for this blog today to address a feeling I've been having lately or shall I say I've always had. Ever since I was 13 years old, I had this admiration for older people and a crush on older men, for example: Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers but that doesn't have much to do with this or does it? Yeah it actually does because this simple "crush" grew out of the unconscious admiration I felt for these people. It wasn't because they were older, it was because they were wise and they had been through it all.

Today as I was on the train listening to my new podcasts, I noticed this elderly man sitting in the corner looking sad or disappointed. It kind of disappointed me seeing him like this. Then I started to think about all of those people who mistreat the elderly as if they weren't human beings or as if they were less of value just because of their age. Then there are the people who give up their seat to an elder because they expect them to not be able to stand which can be defended as being respectful. But unfortunately some elders don't see it that way. It is kind of offensive to think that just because you're of age, you can't stand your own ground.

My opinion on the subject is that the elderly should be respected and loved, maybe even more than the average "young" person. There are many reasons why I believe this. First of all, the elderly are so much more wise. They should be loved and cared for regardless of their age. An elder's mentality is the closest form of thinking to that of a God's. It's kind of depressing and sucky to know that in order to get to that stage ourselves, we must all face death. It's no secret that our highest point of intelligence is the second before we die unless you get Alzheimer's and forget everything but even though the knowledge would still be there.

You Might Also Like

0 comments